Sunday, September 26, 2010

How do I color my hair...and the story behind it...

Color…Color… How do I color my hair???
Lately I have been getting a lot of questions about how do I color my hair...it is pretty simple but it is a long process…
I have to let you ladies and gents know that my color did not get to be like this overnight..I did not go to a salon to make my hair this color so drastically..When I did my BC…I was sort of happy with my natural hair color but I wanted a color anyways… I did not want to do anything too drastic so I decided to life my color little by little.

Photobucket

I first dyed my whole hair this nice red color…it came out brighter than I expected but I loved that color but then my hair became dry..dry…dry.. Geez… I knew I had to do something quick so I decided to try out a regimen right after I color my hair. Every time I dye my hair (which is every 3 months or after…)I do these following treatments for every other day for about a week.

Photobucket


1.I immediately use a protein treatment(like an egg/soybean oil conditioner) in my hair and leave it on for half an hour(Day 1))
2. I skip a day and I do a moisture conditioner (like Elasta QP DPR-11) and leave in for a half an hour (Day 3).
3. I skip another day do step one again.
4. I skip another day and do step two again.

Then three months later, I decided to go for a more deep, berry red color…I so hated it…I could not stand it at first. I thought it was way too dark and you did not really see the red…but after a few washes and many more co-washes, the color looked better and it was not that bad after all. I also did the same steps to repair my hair afterwards. I am really paranoid when I color my hair.

Photobucket

Another three months later I decided to change things up and color my hair a deep brown/black except for a part of my hair I wanted to keep a nice red color. So I went to the store and bought my hair dye again and did everything. I made a rectangle part of my hair that I wanted to single out and color it the bright red and the rest. Remember ladies and gents since I colored my hair over time…it was easier for the hair color to lift the natural color of my hair so the color will show better over time….when I did that.. I thought the part of my hair that I wanted lighter would be lighter..But it didn’t. That did not discourage me at all.

Photobucket

I did the same conditioning process like in the beginning…and waited six weeks so I can try and make that section brighter… I decided to try this honey blonde color…LMAO!!—it was funny...my roots took the color more and make my roots brighter than the other color ends…but it was not that bad...it grew out quickly…

Photobucket

Another six weeks later I dyed my hair the usual color I use and it went more back to normal.

Photobucket

I did it one more time for my 25th birthday and it came out great. I also had a great time!!


Photobucket

Like I said it is a long process and my hair did not become this way overnight…I wanted to make sure that I can color my hair and try to keep it healthy at the same time… and you can… You can make up your own regimen and see what works for you… You also have to experiment what color works for you..I always use Clairol Textures and Tones…and their conditioner is great to use as a moisture treatment after you dye it. You can have color and have healthy curls!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment